Education Resources Part A
- Adult Education Network
- AEDNET goes online.
Type: SUB AEDNET
- Alternative Approaches to Learning
- Learning strategies at all levels.
Type: SUB ALTLEARN
- American Literature
- Discuss lit with academics.
Type: SUB AMLIT-L
- Art Criticism
- Great for art history students.
Type: SUB ARTCRIT
- Blagojevic, Bonnie
- Bonnie is a well-known specialist in the Department of Education.
- Get the buzz on medieval literature.
Type: SUB CHAUCER
- Children's Voice List
- Children's writing.
Type: Subscribe Childrens-voice
- Classical Music
- Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, etc.
Type: SUB CLASSM-L
- Denton, Cynthia
- Talk to this business professor who teaches via e-mail.
- Education Net
- From K12 to college interests.
Type: SUB EDNET
- Hartley, Jim
- Famous economist and spelling expert. Supercalifragelisticexpealidocious??????
- Latin American & Caribbean
Distance and Continuing Education
- Great resource here.
Type: Sub Creed
- Rivist, Ron
- Trouble with your math homework? E-mail this famous mathematician/cryptographer.
- Teaching Effectiveness
- Teaching interests.
Type: SUB TEACHEFT
- United Nations
- Poly science majors, go here.
Type: SUB UN
- Longtime access provider for colleges and universities. All kinds of
& Academia List
- Internet expert John December created a list of education stuff.
- Education Newsgroups
- You can FTP to archived newsgroup posts about education and learning.
- Education Online Services
- A super-amazing list of sites and services relating to education.
- Mucho info on scholarships, minority colleges, and course programs.
- JPL's Space Science File
- Archive of curriculum, experiments, and science facts.
- Legal Stuff
- A standard-use contract form so parents, students and schools can use
- Mathematics archive
- If you get into this sort of thing, go here. Lots of mathematical tidbits.
- National Public Telecommunications Network
- Books, organization updates, software, more.
- Virtual Classroom
- "Killer graphical presentation" to convince schools to get
on the Internet.
- Wiretap has everything, including a guide to international constitutions.
- Wiretap Does It Again
- Geography, chemistry, literature, etc. A student and teacher dream site.
- American Educational
- What you see is what you get. Very academic.
- Higher Expectations for Higher Education. Where is the future going?
- Apple Education Gopher
- Learn about products and current technology for educators.
- A good source of new projects for elementary art instruction.
- BBN list of Educational
- From K12 to college, find a BBS that covers your interest.
- A step-by-step guide to teaching, lectures ideas, references, concepts.
- C-SPAN Online
- Recent press releases, reports, articles, historic documents, transcripts,
- California Department of Education
- Statistics, education codes, district information, and news.
- Publications and general info about Cause, an information management
for Educational Media on Japan
- Anyone interested in Japan might like this.
- Children's Literature
- Get your kids reading early, with a whole mess of children's books.
- Colorado State K12
- Network through the K12 system in Colorado. Lots of yummies here.
- Technology, resources, college programs, and entertainment for deaf
- Deaf Education Gopher
- Kent State outlines its Deaf Education degree program.
- Ed Media 1995
- Get the lowdown from the world conference on multimedia and resources.
- Empire School House
- Libraries, software, K12, and university info for the state of New York.
- ERIC Gopher
- Social studies lesson plans, and much more. Yummy place for teachers
- Grant and Funding Information
- Students, need money for school or research? Go here.
and Safety Curriculum
- Instruction model for teaching elementary school kids about health.
- IBM Kiosk for Education
- News and updates on educators' software, publications, and references.
- International Research and Exchanges
- Get online with this comprehensive research tool.
- Internet for Minnesota Schools
- Libraries, politics, phone books for K12 schools in MN.
Resources for Education
- Yet another index of educational resources and services.
- Use the Internet and various forms of telecommunications in the classroom.
- Internet to Funders
- If you are looking for funding to get your school online, go here!
- Lots of information and ideas for projects, plus lesson plans for teachers.
- NASA K12 Internet Initiative
- Brief lists of sites and collections that are useful to educators.
- All kinds of stuff here, from job openings and books to public domain
- Ohio Dept. of Education
- Read "Goals 2000." It's a scary look at the future of education.
- Information for physics students at University of California, Berkeley.
There is a fee!
- SchoolNet Services
- Outline of SchoolNet's educational resources and other services.
- Sci Link
- This gopher treasure serves the needs of science, math, and technology
- Texas A&M
- Comprehensive list of gopher links to several universities, publications,
- UIUC College of Education
- Search through a huge database of learning/teaching resources.
- Faculty and admin info, records and registration, program info, etc.
- US Education, Dept of
- You can also read about "Goals 2000" at this site. READ IT
- Wisconsin Dept.
of Public Instruction
- Vision, mission, goals, plans, news. Very comprehensive.
- World Link
- Information and ideas about how others are using the Internet in the
Help for Students
- Document to help students at many levels become better writers.
Students Writing Tutorial
- A site that helps young students learn writing skills.
- Explore the learning issues and services available for the disabled.
- Many people are learning via the Internet with online classes. You can,
- Do you really get an "A" for the semester if your roommate
- A forum for high school students to exchange ideas about whatever they
- Wire into the future. Explore teaching and learning at Usenet University.
- All sorts of information about education in the computer science community.
- Freedom and privacy issues concerning the Internet and education.
- A chatty newsgroup for kids in grades K5. Lots of penpals and friends.
- Group for older kids in grades 6 to 8. "If cyberteen likes me,
check the box."
- High school students hang out here, posting about whatever comes to
- If students get all these places to talk, so should teachers. Lots of
- This is a great place to get ideas about art curriculum for K12 education.
- Practice your German or English language skills with native speakers.
- Practice your Spanish or English language skills with native speakers.
- Practice your French or English language skills with native speakers.
- Discuss children, their behaviors, and activities with parents, teachers,
and even kids!
- Calls for papers and info on conferences. Great for researchers.
- Learn the sociology of college students, activities, campus life, and
- This newsgroup has the same stuff as above, only for graduate students.
- This is a swell site if you are considering a post-graduate education.
RETURN TO YELLOW PAGES
- Association for
- A nonprofit org. that explores experimental ideas.
- Astro Web
- Journey with the space shuttle, impressive graphics, and super science
- Bug Hunt
- Laboratory exercise that teaches the basic concepts of microevolution.
- Education Policy
- An academic journal that focuses on policy issues.
- Natural science, math, and a fun game of EduLette (a random learning
- An online program to let kids explore the beauty and science of fractals.
- Look at an actual frog dissection. Virtual biology, I love it! Ribbit.
- Geometry Forum
- Games and links relating to geometry. This site is updated regularly.
- Global Show and Tell
- Lets children show off their favorite projects in a virtual exhibition.
- Goals 2000
- Standardized tests that measure honesty and ethics? Read this, it's
- Grant Information
- A huge list of grants available, with details on how to get started.
- Inter-cultural Email Connections
- Networking students with other students around the world.
- Interactive Geometry
- Learn how to make shapes and how they work together. It's fun!
- Kids Page
- Absolutely AMAZING. It's bright and fun and informative and, oh gads,
this is coool!
- Papers, museums, projects, atlases, everything about archeology.
- MIT Educational
- MIT students visit elementary schools, helping kids with science.
- Vocal, instrumental, and general music info for music educators.
- Nasa Education
- Cool design, lots of info, and a comprehensive list of resources.
- New Zealand
- Learn about New Zealand -- its history, government, and national anthem.
Colony Design Contest
- A call for 6th-12th graders to explore their imaginations.
- Teacher Talk
- Published by Indiana University, it's a newsletter-type for secondary
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Maps, research results, publications, issues, education, and facts.
- Vince Ruggiano's
Educational Resource List
- Links to all sorts of cool stuff for educators.
- World Flags
- Teach kids a little about the flags of the world, or learn yourself.
- World Map Server
- Point and click and discover the world's geography. A little confusing